Volumetric concrete is far superior to ordering ready mix concrete in its traditional form. Using our state of the art volumetric mixers in Benson, we carry the ingredients to your site in seperate compartments, only starting the mixing process once we arrive on site. There are many benefits to ordering volumetric concrete over traditional ready mix. Not only do you get more control & a higher quality of concrete, it is also works out cheapear, as you only pay for the exact amount you need.
The concrete recipe can be tailored specifically to the requirements of the client and crucially, no materials will be wasted because you will only pay for the exact amount of concrete you need to be laid.
In the early 1900’s concrete was delivered by horse drawn carriage, whilst the carriage was been towed there were mixing paddles attached to the carts wheel, so the concrete was mixed by the paddles. Which meant you were able to get ready mix concrete to your job site.
- Concrete can set underwater – with the right ingredients concrete can be used in underwater projects such as bridges.
- Archaeologists discovered concrete was used in Neolithic times – on a neolithic site in northern Israel in the 1980’s archaeologists unearthed a concrete floor as well as evidence of a kiln used to burn limestone to make cement.
- The first concrete road was built in 1909 – this was built on Woodward Avenue in Greenfield Township in the United States.
- Concrete was named by the Romans – the word ‘concrete’ comes from the latin word ‘Concretus’ which roughly translates to ‘grow together’
- Concrete slabs are cut by diamonds – Diamonds are used to drill, saw and cut concrete slabs. The Diamond head is used because it is very tough and durable.
Oxcrete produce the highest quality ready mix concrete in Benson, delivered and mixed on site. If you work in construction and are interested in finding out about our other services, we also offer a concrete pumping service and skip/grab hire. Browse our website to find out more or give us a call today to speak to a member of our friendly team on: 01865 655662 or 07521512933.